It’s only December 2nd and already I’m pissed off with Christmas… if truth be known, I’ve probably been heading in that direction since around the end of October…
I dislike the overt commercialism of the season; the ‘Dark Side’ of the ‘Black Friday’ phenomenon, originally born in the USA, has well and truly invaded our shores (see here). The often covert efforts of retailers to get you to part with your cash makes the commercialism even worse.
Apart from a dislike of the extravagance, more concerning is the levels of ultimate waste after all the festivities have subsided, it’s almost criminal.
“Several outbreaks of violence have marred the US Black Friday shopping frenzy, as bargain-hunters besieged malls across the US” (BBC News)
I also dislike the falseness of so many people at this time of the year. I dislike those types at any time of the year but many are even more pronounced during the Yuletide celebrations.
January can’t come soon enough for me!
Seasonal Posts from my archives:-
- That ‘Bah Humbug’ Feeling – Again!
- Merry Christmas / ‘Bah Humbug!’ (Delete as appropriate)
- Humbug Carols From The Riverbank
- FFS It’s Christmas NOT The Feckin’ Relief of Mafeking!
- A Christmas Message to Family & Friends
- Bah Humbug… (mytwocentsworth.us)
- Bah…humbug (intnt.wordpress.com)
- Oh, there goes Mr. Humbug (pitstopots.wordpress.com)
- Bah Humbug (winniepig86.wordpress.com)
- How to Embrace the Holidays if You’re a Humbug (business2community.com)